- 10th, 12th, Graduate, Post-graduate, or Diploma holder pass candidate of any stream from recognized educational Board is eligible for admission
- Fire department or safety management department personnel can also seek admission to enhance their education and training
- Service personnel already engaged in jobs are also entitled to admission for improving their skills
- No entrance exam required
- Physical & Medical Fitness certificate By Registered MBBS doctor
- Min. Height 165 cm, Min. Weight 52 kg
FIREMAN CERTIFICATE COURSE – 6 months (10th Pass)
Details: This course enables the students to learn the professional and practical skills & knowledge to become a fireman. They learn the techniques to extinguish fire, carry out rescue & give first aid, develop the ability to assess risk and maintain safety of self and others. Some of the topics covered include:
- Fire Terminology.
- Stages of Fire, Classification of Fire, Basic Chemistry of Fire and Fire Behavior.
- Hazardous materials.
- Safety and Protective equipment.
- Fire Discipline, Fire communication, IT, Fire administration, and office procedures.
- Types of Fire suppression/extinguishing media.
- Fire Prevention and public education.
- First Aid & personal protective equipment.
- Types of Fire Streams, Drills, Fire Pumps, Extinguishers & Firefighting equipment.
- Ladders – Theory and drills.
- Technical Rescue and Medical First-aid response.
- Fire ground operations, Practical application of Active and Passive Fire Protection and suppression systems.
- Confined Space – Standby duty, Rescue operations, Fire Fighting and entry awareness.
- Different types of work procedures in industries.
- Inspection, Maintenance, Servicing and Hydrostatic testing of fire Extinguisher and Fire equipment.
- Salvage and overhaul.
CERTIFICATE COURSE IN SUB FIRE OFFICER – 9 months (12th Pass)
Details: This course enables students to learn the theory and practical about fire prevention and management and discharge their duties as a sub-fire officer. The students learn the fundamentals of fire engineering, prevention & protection and fire extinction. They gain in-depth knowledge about emergency operations & management and first-aid and paramedics. Some of the topics covered include:
- Fundamentals of Computer, Mechanical, Thermal, Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
- Heat Transfer Operations, Fire Ground Operations, Petroleum Refinery Operations.
- Fire Service Hydraulics, Structural Fire Protection, Fire Suppression Systems.
- Fire Protection & Prevention Safe work practices.
- Handling & storage of flammable liquids, gases.
- Fire extinguisher operation, maintenance.
- Industrial safety & accident prevention, disaster management, emergency planning & first aid.
- Classification of fire, fire behavior, stages of fire.
- Fire extinguishers, types, operation, care & maintenance.
- Hydrant & fittings, pump & primers, foam & foam making equipment.
- Emergency operations.
- Fire containment & control.
- Fire hydrant features, placement, position & protection.
- Disaster management.
- Injuries, emergencies – response & rescue.
- First aid, transportation after first aid.
- Understanding medico-legal principles.
- Identify & adapt to changing situations.
DIPLOMA IN FIRE & SAFETY MANAGEMENT – 1 year (12th Pass)
Details:This course helps candidates to learn about risk during fire, its management and measures to be taken. Training for prevention of fire and safety methods to be used is also given. The students understand in depth about the safety management system that can be applied at the work place so as to minimize destruction by fire and prevent people from getting injured. Some of the topics covered include:
- Fire Engineering science, interpretation of data & relevant calculations.
- Understanding & calculation of equations of motion, vectors.
- Defining moment, fulcrum, gravity, Center of gravity, buoyancy, friction, specific gravity.
- Understanding & application of Hooke’s law of elasticity.
- Industrial safety guidelines, PPE, eye, face, hearing, hand & foot protection.
- Welding & cutting tools, woodworking equipment & tools, compressed gas cylinders.
- Heavy equipment, safety monitoring system.
- Organization for economic co-operation and development, health & safety programming.
- High-quality instruments for chemical safety, harmonizing assessment methods.
- Convergence of policies and tools for managing chemicals.
- Guidelines for fire safety education and training, environmental health & safety.
- Fire containment & control.
- Fire safety training for office employees, residence halls, crowd managers, building supervisors, laboratory employees.
- Action to be taken to mitigate fires, inspection & hazard reporting.
- Understanding of fire control technology.
- Fire safety objectives, fire detection, fire behavior, fire resistance.
DIPLOMA IN INDUSTRIAL SAFETY MANAGEMENT – 1 year (12th Pass)
Details:The Industrial Safety management course helps candidates to understand and learn about the management of operations within an industry while ensuring protection of employees and all assets. They learn to minimize risks, hazards and accidents by using best practices and application of compliance and other relevant laws. Some of the topics covered during this course include:
- Safety Programs & Policies, accidents & their causes, accident prevention & control techniques.
- Analysis & investigation of accidents, first-aid.
- Concept of health & occupational health, characteristics of occupational diseases, different kinds of occupational health hazards.
- Safe Procedures for Plant start-up and shut-down, pipeline color coding to identify content, safety precautions for working on pipelines.
- Pressure relief systems & breather valves, flare system, mechanism of mechanical failures.
- Management & Planning for Industrial Safety, Awareness & Training for safety.
- Legislative measures in Industry, factories acts & rules.
- Water Pollution Act, Boiler Vessels Act, Child Labor & Women Employee Act.
- Different kinds of Industrial hazards & their methods of control.
- Risk analysis & management.
- Plant layout, design & safe distance.
- Importance of standards and codes practice for plant & equipment.
- Disposal of scrap & other trade wastes.
PG DIPLOMA IN FIRE & SAFETY MANAGEMENT – 1 year (Graduation/equivalent diploma)
Details:learn to perform tasks in accordance to safety rules, regulations for accident prevention and environmental protection. Some of the topics covered during this course include:
- Basics of Fire Engineering, Fire service technology, equipment & media.
- Fire Dynamics, energy calculations, calculate flow rates in pipes & open channels.
- Understand about detonators, propellants, portable fire extinguishers.
- Pumps & primers, ladders, ropes, scaffolds, safety nets & fall protection systems.
- Fire fighting codes & standards, material handling, important safety requirements & inspection.
- Concepts of Industrial safety, organization structure, function & responsibilities.
- Safety management system, Health safety & environment policy (HSE)-objectives & responsibility.
- Factory safety committee- structure, functions, working tenure, transportation safety, accident prevention programs.
- Fire alarm systems, fire detectors, high-rise communication systems, multiplex systems, residential fire detectors, sprinklers.
- Elements of the work environment, classification of occupational health, safety & hygiene hazards.
- Prevention & control methods of occupational health, safety & hygiene hazards.
- Emergency response training & education.
- Principles, Practice & Training for First Aid.